Weihnachtspäckchen für Kinder in Not
Every year our school participates in the “Christmas in a Shoebox" charitable event (Weihnachtspäckchen für Kinder in Not). The goal of this campaign is to collect Christmas gifts for children in need who otherwise wouldn’t get any presents at all. The organization Kinderzukunft collects the parcels to be distributed to the beneficiaries.
Last year we collected almost 800 gifts. Thank you for all of you.
Kinderzukunft is an established organization in Germany and it supports around 70,000 children in need in countries such as Romania, Bosnia Herzegovina, and the Ukraine. The packages are distributed to orphanages, hospitals, schools, and poor areas. For some of these children, this present will be the only one they receive for Christmas.
You can watch the photos of the distribution of our presents from 2021 here and here.
We will start collecting the presents this year on Monday, 28 November.
As soon as the Christmas trees are put up in the school, your children can place their presents under them. Because of the pandemic situation, parents are not allowed to enter the school.
The presents will be picked up from the school on Monday, 12 December.
How to Pack a Shoebox? Check out our video here.
- Get an empty medium sized shoebox (maximum size: 37,5 x 30,0 x 13,5 cm) and fill it with a selection of fun toys, hygiene items and school supplies. If possible, include one or two special items you know a child will love such as a doll, toy trucks or a cuddly toy.
If you don’t have a shoebox, you can buy DHL parcel (size M) at the post office.
- Personalize your shoebox by including a handwritten note, a handmade Christmas card or a photograph of yourself, or your family. (Please write in English!)
- Wrap your shoebox in wrapping paper.
- Download and print the appropriate boy/girl/neutral label.
- (You can find the GIRL LABEL here.
- You can find the BOY LABEL here.
- You can find the NEUTRAL LABEL here.
- Mark on your label if your gift is for a boy or a girl and select an age category on your label: 0-6, 7-12 or 13-18. (Please be aware that most of the children are 6 to 12 years old.)
- Attach the label to the top of your shoebox.
- Send your shoebox with your child to the school between 28 November and 12 December. She/he may leave it in the foyer of the school buildings under the Christmas trees.
- Please support the distribution with your charity offer of 3 Euros per package here.
What to pack in your shoebox?
Select a "wow" item such as a soccer ball with pump or stuffed animal, LEGO, Barbie dolls, then fill with other fun toys (board games, puzzles), hygiene items (toothbrush, comb, hairbrush, masks) and school supplies (markers, pencils, coloring book, paint, brushes, stickers, crayons, sharpener, rubber), new! Clothes (hat, gloves, hair accessories, jewelry) and finalize your gift box with some sweeties in original wrapping.
Don’t forget to also include a personal note and photo—sometimes these are the child's favorite things to receive!
What NOT to pack in your shoebox?
Liquid glue or liquid paint, toothpaste; gum; used, dirty or damaged items; scary or war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; seeds; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans, nothing what contains alcohol.
Please watch our video.
You can find more videos about the campaign here.
Do you have any questions?
- Official website of the campaign is here.
- Ask your PA: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your help.
Parents Association ESF