The Annual General Assembly (AGA) of the Parents’ Association will take place on 17 October 2019, at 19.30 in the school Aula.
We are pleased to announce that this year’s AGA will feature a keynote address “Raising our children for success; advantages of a multi-cultural education”. Guest speaker will be Mr Rainer Beekes from Global Cultures.
The Annual General Assembly is the official forum for members of the Parents’ Association. Would you wish to become a member of the Parents’ Association and vote at the AGA to influence the future running of the Association, please do so by following this link: https://www.esfparents.org/index.php/en/cb-registration
- Welcome by the President and adoption of the agenda
- Keynote address by Rainer Beekes
- Update on Board's main activities in 2018/2019
- Presentation of the ESF PA financial situation
- Resolution on an amendment of the statutes (substitute members for the Board; departure in the event of non-participation in Board meetings – see attached document)
- Short presentation on EuroKids: Brief introductory presentation on EuroKids’ services and activities organised by its General Manager George Betts
- Report of the Auditors
- Discharge of the Board
- Appointment of Auditor(s) for the 2019/2020 financial year
- Election of Board Members
The Parents’ Association is run by a board composed of 15 members elected by all members at the AGA for a 2-year mandate. This year, 6 board members will run for re-election; at least 3 new members will also run for election.
The Parents’ Association board meets monthly (usually on the first Monday or Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm) to discuss relevant issues and vote as needed on projects to undertake. Throughout the year board members are asked to actively participate or lead our various projects.
Our main activities include:
- organization of events(most notably Carnival and Summerfest);
- cooperation with the school on issues related to special needs children;
- participation in pedagogical committeeswithin the school and at system level to represent parents' interests;
- organization of parent' led projectssuch as stress management workshops in cooperation with teachers;
- communication in order to support our visibility within the community and through our website;
- contribution to families and the school through support of our wholly owned subsidiary EuroKids.
Our mission is to make a difference in supporting families as well as international and cultural understanding of the needs of the children at the European School Frankfurt. We are currently looking for volunteers who can support us with events planning, web design/maintenance, writing for our newsletter and Educational Needs backgrounds. If you would like to support us and you have the time and motivation, we hope you will consider becoming a volunteer!
If you would like more information about the work of the Parents’ Association before you decide to become a member or stand as a candidate for the board, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to meet with you.
We hope to see as many as you as possible at our Assembly!