General Terms and Conditions
Valid from 01 September 2020
A. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- The EuroKids gGmbH (”EuroKids“) is a charitable limited liability company of the Parents Association of the European School Frankfurt am Main („Parents Association“) which provides the following services for its members and their children:
- Holiday Camps
- Bus Transport to and from the European School Frankfurt Am Main
- Extra Curricular Activities
- The majority of these services are performed by service providers which have been chosen and appointed by EuroKids
- These services can be used by members of the Parents Association (“PA Members”) for pupils of the European School Frankfurt am Main in accordance with these general terms and conditions.
- The general terms and conditions of section A. apply to all provided services, in so far as there is nothing to the contrary listed in in the special terms and conditions for the individual services listed in sections B. to E.
§2 Registration Process and Conclusion of Contract
- The registration for individual services takes place via the EuroKids website or the website of the service provider.
- The PA Member is responsible for providing complete and accurate information in their registration. The PA Member is obliged to inform EuroKids immediately about any changes in personal circumstances, especially with regards to the custody and health status of the registered child, e.g. residential address, habitual residence of the child, availability by telephone, suspicion or occurrence of infectious diseases.
§3 Payment Terms
- The fees for services will be debited by EuroKids from the bank account that the PA Member provided on the basis of the previously granted SEPA Direct Debit Mandate.
- Fees for Childminding, Extra Curricular Activities and Bus Transport services are calculated per year and payable over 10 equal monthly instalments (from September to June). These payments are debited from the PA Member’s account in the months after the services have taken place.
- Fees for Holiday Camps are calculated per week and debited from the PA Member’s account after the Camps have taken place.
- The fees listed on the EuroKids website are binding as the amounts to be paid by the PA Member. EuroKids reserves the right to increase the fees. EuroKids shall notify the PA Member of the increase in writing at least two months before the beginning of the month to which the increase first applies. In this event, the contract can be terminated by the PA Member within two weeks from receipt of the notification letter with extraordinary notice at the time when the increase comes into effect.
- Changes to contracts for EuroKids services outside of termination periods stipulated in 4 are subject to EuroKids’ discretion and involve charges for both the new service and the existing service in the month the change takes place.
- New applications for services are charged for the full month in which the services are first used.
- If services are not used by the registered child for absence due to health or other reasons, the PA Member shall not be entitled to a reduction of the fees for services. The fees must be paid in full.
§4 Term of Contract and Termination
- With the exception of Holiday Camps, contracts for individual services are valid until the end of the schoolyear, and are extended for a further school year unless they are terminated within the time frame stipulated in this 4.
- Contracts for individual services may be terminated by either party with one week's notice to the last school day prior to the Christmas Break, Easter break and Summer The school year (10 months) is divided into three periods (September-December, January-Easter, Easter-July). The exact dates of the school periods and breaks are listed on the website of the European School Frankfurt am Main.
- Each party may terminate the contractual relationship without notice for an important reason. For EuroKids an important reason may consist of the following:
- When the PA Member does not fulfill their payment obligations despite warning;
- In case of other significant offences by the PA Member against the contract;
- When the child’s behavior endangers his or her own safety or the safety of others;
- When the child displays long-term unacceptable and disruptive behavior, which compromises EuroKids services in such a way that a well-organized and reasonable service is no longer possible;
- In the event of a change of the legal foundation or other circumstances, which make the provision of services impossible for EuroKids.
- All types of cancellations must take place either online or in writing.
§5 Health of the Child
- In order to protect other children, the registered child may only use the services of EuroKids if he or she is free of contagious diseases. In the event of illness caused by a disease that must be reported according to the German Infection Protection Act (“Infektionsschutzgesetz”), EuroKids and the service provider must be informed immediately. Additionally, a medical certificate stating that the child can return to a care facility (“Gesundschreibung”) must be provided after recovery.
- All children using EuroKids Services must have the measles vaccinations recommended by the responsible vaccination authority when they enter school or kindergarten. Proof of this can be provided by the vaccination certificate, the yellow children's examination booklet or - especially in the case of illness already suffered - a medical certificate. As a rule, the proof must be presented to the management of the institution. Children who are already being cared for in EuroKids Services must provide proof of this by 31 July 2021. It is also possible to obtain confirmation from a previously visited institution that the relevant proof has already been presented there.
- Nutritional intolerances and chronic illnesses of the registered child must be reported to EuroKids and the service provider in writing in advance and immediately reported in writing if they occur later.
- As required, children will receive plasters and sunscreen. Children will generally not receive medication. If a tick is discovered on a child it will be removed, if possible.
§6 Film and Photo Recordings
The PA Member undertakes to treat any film and photo recordings made during EuroKids services or events confidentially and not to publish them on internet platforms and social networks such as "Facebook", "Instagram" or “TikTok” or in any other way without the explicit consent of the persons depicted or, in case of minors, their legal guardians.
§7 Data Protection
For the organization and rendering of the services, the processing of personal data of PA Member as well as the children by the Parents Association, EuroKids and their service providers is necessary. Further information on the subject of data protection and on the type and scope of processing of personal data can be found in the data protection statement on the EuroKids website.
§8 Declarations between EuroKids and Legal Guardians
- The contracting PA Member represents the legal guardians of the registered child, both at the time of conclusion of the contract and during its execution. The PA Member declares and ensures that he or she is authorized to make or receive at all times all declarations for the legal guardians of the registered child.
- Communications from EuroKids and the service providers to the PA member shall be sent to the contact details provided in the registration..
- Should a child who is registered for EuroKids services not be able to attend for whatever reason, EuroKids and the service provider must be informed as soon as possible, but no later than 11.00 a.m. on the day on which the EuroKids services take place.
- The contact details of EuroKids for communications from the PA Member are as follows:
Praunheimer Weg 107
60439 Frankfurt am Main
- The contracts and general terms and conditions are subject to German
- The German versions of all contracts and the general terms and conditions are legally
- Should any provision be or become void, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity and enforceability of all remaining provisions shall not be affected. The void, invalid or unenforceable provisions shall be deemed replaced by the effective and enforceable provisions that most closely approximates the intent and purpose of the void, ineffective or unenforceable provision in terms of subject matter, measure, time, place and scope. The same shall apply to the filling of any gaps in these Terms and Conditions.
- While participating in EuroKids services, the registered child is covered by EuroKids’ group accident insurance. The group accident insurance only covers disability, death and hospitalisation allowances. The costs of medical treatment are to be borne by the PA Member or their health insurance. The PA Member is responsible for taking out liability insurance themselves. EuroKids recommends this for each child.
- Occasionally, EuroKids events and excursions take place outside the premises, also using public transport. The PA Member expressly agrees that the registered child may participate in such events and excursions. If the PA Member do not agree to this, they must inform EuroKids and the service provider of this during the registration process either in writing or via email.
- EuroKids does not take any responsibility for valuables brought along, except in the case of deliberate or grossly negligent behavior by employees.
- The use of private electronic media and/or devices is only allowed for children from P4 and older in conjunction with permission from EuroKids and the service providers.
- The Childminding services are organized and offered by EuroKids, in part in cooperation with a service provider, as afternoon childcare for children of the European School in Frankfurt am Main.
- Childminding is carried out by employees and specialist pedagogical professionals („Childminders“).
- Childminding takes place in the classrooms of the European School Frankfurt am Main (Praunheimer Weg 126, 60439 Frankfurt am Main) and in the EuroKids buildings (Praunheimer Weg 107, 60439 Frankfurt am Main, across from the European School Frankfurt am Main). Should it become necessary for operational reasons and to the extent that it is reasonable for the children and the PA Member, Childminding can also take place in another suitable location.
- The children of the Pre-Primary and Primary levels P1-P3 are picked up from school and accompanied to the Childminding areas by the Childminders. Children from P4 and above walk independently from the school premises of the European School Frankfurt am Main to the Childminding areas.
- In addition to childcare (including homework supervision), the Childminding services include all materials necessary for the educational work and possibly an afternoon snack.
§11 Childminding Times
- Childminding takes place during the school days of the European School Frankfurt am Main on Monday to Friday from the end of school until 18:15.
- During the registration process, the PA Member can choose between different time options for Childminding services which are listed on the EuroKids website.
- In consultation with the Childminders or EuroKids, the childminding time may be extended at short notice as emergency care or extended to other days, provided that free childminding places are available. For this purpose, the PA Member must inform the Childminders and EuroKids in advance in writing of the requested day and time. With the written confirmation from the Childminders or EuroKids, the booking of the emergency care becomes binding.
- On public holidays, school-free days and during school holidays no regular Childminding takes place. The PA Member will be informed in good time about additional childminding offers on days in which the European School Frankfurt am Main closes early (e.g. the first school day or Pedagogical Days). The PA Member then has the possibility to book additional Childminding for these special days in consultation with the Childminders or EuroKids. The PA Member must inform EuroKids in advance in writing of the requested day and time.
§12 Duty of Supervision / Leaving the Premises / Participation in Events Outside of the Premises
- The Childminders shall be responsible for the supervision of the registered child during the childminding time. The duty of supervision begins for children of the Pre-Primary and Primary P1 to P3 levels when the Childminders collect the registered child from the school and for the children from Primary P4 onwards when the registered child arrives at the Childminding location. The duty of supervision ends as soon as the child is picked up by the PA Member and/or a legal guardian or someone who is authorized to pick up the child or when the child leaves the premises independently with written permission of the PA Member and/or legal guardian.
- Children are only allowed to leave the Childminding premises under supervision or with a person who is authorized to pick them up. Children are allowed to leave the Childminding premises independently, if they have written permission of the PA Member and/or legal guardian.
§13 Pickup of the Children
- The PA Member must indicate in the registration form which people are allowed to pick up the registered child. The PA Member is asked to introduce these people to the Childminders. People other than the PA Member and those who have been named and authorized to collect the registered child are only allowed to collect the child after prior written communication by the PA Member. Should there be changes regarding the people authorized to collect the child, the PA Member is obligated to immediately inform the Childminders or EuroKids.
- The PA Member and people authorized to pick up the child are obligated to personally sign out the registered child at the reception area and to identify themselves with a valid photo ID upon request.
- The PA Member is obliged to keep to the agreed Childminding time. If the agreed Childminding time is exceeded, EuroKids will charge parents in accordance to prices listed on the EuroKids website. If additional costs are incurred for EuroKids by the late pick-up, these are to be borne by the PA Member.
§14 Special Right of Termination
In addition to the parties’ right of termination in 4, contracts for Childminding may be terminated by either party with one week's notice to the end of the first month of a school year. In this case, the full month of services is charged for the month in which the cancellation takes place.
- The pedagogical lessons, education and Childminding of the children shall be provided on the basis of the legal provisions applicable to day care facilities for children.
- The educational concept is known to the PA Member and is approved by them.
It is important for the children that the PA Member and the pedagogical professionals in Childminding work together on a foundation of trust and keep each other informed. It is requested that the PA Member and/or the legal guardian take part in the offered cooperation opportunities, e.g. parent meetings.
C. HOLIDAY CAMPS
- The Holiday Camps service is offered by EuroKids in cooperation with various service providers.
- The Holiday Camps take place during the school holidays of the European School Frankfurt am Main and are primarily for students of the European School Frankfurt am Main. For more specific information, please see the Holiday Camps registration.
- The Holiday Camps usually take place on Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 18:15. On public holidays there is no Holiday Camp. The duty of supervision of the holiday care begins with the arrival at the reception and ends with the collection of the child by a person authorized to collect the child.
- The current program for the Holiday Camps and the registration form can be found on the EuroKids website. Registration is only possible on a weekly basis and can be made on the EuroKids website.
- For the collection of the children the terms and conditions of Childminding in §13 shall apply accordingly.
- For Holiday Camps, the terms and conditions of 10 paragraphs (2), (3) and (5) and § 15 shall also apply accordingly.
§17 Cancellations and Non-appearance
- Cancellation free of charge is possible up to eight weeks before the beginning of the Holiday Camp. If the cancellation takes place less than eight weeks but more than one week before the beginning of the Holiday Camp, 50 percent of the fees for the Holiday Camp will be charged.
- If a cancellation takes place during the last week before the beginning of the Holiday Camp or later, or in the event of a non-appearance of the registered child, the fees for the Holiday Camp will be charged in total. There is no claim for reimbursement of the Camp price. Further liability or compensation claims are also excluded.
- Participants are generally free to prove that the cancellation of the Camp did not cause any damage at all or that the damage is considerably lower than the retained fees
D. SCHOOL BUS & MINIBUS
- 1. EuroKids offers in cooperation with service providers a bus transport service with school busses and minibuses to and from the European School Frankfurt am Main (the “Bus Transport”) for all school children of the European School in Frankfurt am Main. The Bus Transport is available on all school days of the European School in Frankfurt am Main.
- EuroKids reserves the right to discontinue the school bus, minibus, or specific bus lines, should the number of participants decrease to such an extent that the offer is no longer sustainable. In this event, the PA member concerned will be notified at least one month in advance. Should the school bus or minibus service have to be discontinued, the fee will be refunded proportionally to the cancelled service.
- The bus routes, the bus stops, the bus size and the departure times may change within the course of the year. The latest information is always available on the EuroKids website. Changes to the bus schedules will be announced and communicated to the PA Member at least a week in advance, wherever possible. All other information is to be found on the EuroKids website.
§19 Registration and Place Allocation
- The registration for the Bus Transport takes place via the EuroKids website.
- For the school bus the PA Member can choose between several bus routes and bus stops during the registration process, all of which are listed on the EuroKids website. For the minibus the PA member enters their address at the time of registration.
- New registrations for the Bus Transport will be considered on a first come first served basis.
- As far as there is sufficient capacity, it is possible to change to another bus route or make other changes during a school year in agreement with EuroKids. This may lead to additional costs and there will be no refund for any change to a cheaper bus route.
§20 Implementation of the Bus Transport, Supervision
- In the morning the school bus shall depart from the indicated bus stops at the indicated times and shall take the children to the European School, Frankfurt am Main. The departure times and bus stops (school bus only) are listed on the EuroKids website. The departure times are calculated so that the school bus arrives at the European School, Frankfurt am Main at 08.15 am on time.
- In the morning the mini bus service shall depart from the address given by parents in their registration at the indicated times and shall take the children to the European School, Frankfurt am Main. The approximate departure times are listed on the EuroKids website. The departure times are calculated so that the school bus arrives at the European School, Frankfurt am Main at 08.15 am on time.
- In the afternoon the children will be picked up at the European School Frankfurt am Main at the indicated time and brought to the bus stop (school bus) / address (minibus) which was chosen during the registration process.
- The bus driver will drop the children off at the gate of the European School Frankfurt am Main in the morning and at the bus stop (school bus) / address (minibus) which was chosen by the PA Member during the registration process in the afternoon. In the morning, children in Pre-Primary, P1 and P2 will be picked up by employees of the European School Frankfurt am Main and brought to their classrooms. In the afternoon, the children in Pre-Primary, P1 and P2 will be taken to the school bus / minibus by employees of the European School Frankfurt am Main, if the school bus / minibus leaves directly after the end of school. Children who take the school buses / minibuses which leave later will be escorted to the school bus / minibus by the employees of EuroKids and Childminding. Children from P3 onwards go independently from the school bus / minibus to the classroom and vice versa.
- By registering, the PA Member agrees that the bus driver provided by the service provider of EuroKids has the duty of supervision during the bus ride until the registered child arrives at the school or bus stop (school bus) / address (minibus).
- EuroKids is the contact person for the PA Member for all problems which occur at short notice for the school bus (e.g. if a child is unable to come on short notice, if the arrival of a child is delayed due to bad weather or traffic). A change to another school bus route is only possible if there is enough capacity.
The transport provider for EuroKids is the contact person for the PA Member for all problems which occur at short notice for the mini busses (e.g. if a child is unable to come on short notice,).
§21 Special duties of the PA Member
- The PA Member must ensure that children using the school bus are at the proper bus stop on time. Children using the minibus must be ready for pick up at the address given by parents. In order to ensure that everything runs smoothly, for the school bus, it is requested that the children arrive at the bus stop five minutes before the departure time. To avoid delays, PA Members and legal guardians are not allowed to enter the school bus or minibus.
- The PA Member is obliged to pick the registered child up or to have him or her picked up at the bus stop / address at the specified time in the afternoon, unless the registered child is allowed to leave the school bus / minibus alone on the basis of a written notification from the PA Member. The PA Member must indicate in the registration form which persons are allowed to pick up the registered child from the Bus Transport or whether the registered child may leave the Bus Transport alone.
- If the registered child is not picked up from the bus stop, the bus driver and/or EuroKids will contact the PA member. If nobody can be reached, the bus driver will bring the child back to the European School, Frankfurt am Main. However, if the bus is not scheduled to return to the school, the child will be brought to the final destination of the school bus. If additional costs are incurred for EuroKids, these are to be borne by the PA Member.
- The PA Member is obliged to read the Bus Rules on the EuroKids website and to explain them to the registered child. The following behavioral rules are to be observed in the school bus and minibus:
- Children must remain seated with their seat belts fastened throughout the journey until the bus transport has stopped at its destination.
- All instructions given by the bus driver or the bus attendant must be followed.
- The use of mobile phones or electronic devices is forbidden.
- It is forbidden to take photos or videos of other children, even with their consent.
- It is not allowed to eat or drink in the school bus or minibus without the bus driver’s permission.
- Sharp or pointed objects are not allowed in the school bus or minibus.
§22 Reduction and Single Trips
- The PA Member may claim a reduction of 10%, if three or more children of the PA member’s family take the school bus on five days per week for the trip to and/or from the school. In order to benefit from this reduction, the relevant information must be provided in the registration. Reductions do not apply to the minibus service.
- Single trips can be booked, provided that there is sufficient capacity. These single trips must be requested from EuroKids (school bus) and our transport service provider (minibus) at least one week in advance in writing or by email. The single trip is booked as soon as it is confirmed by EuroKids (school bus) or our transport provider (minibus). The prices for single trips listed on the EuroKids website shall apply.
E. EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- The Extra Curricular Activities (“Activities”) include a wide variety of courses, e.g. in the fields of music, dance, arts, sport and languages. These activities are offered throughout the schoolyear by EuroKids in cooperation with different service providers and organisations.
- A description of the offered Activities can be found on the EuroKids website.
- Children that are registered in Childminding will be informed by the Childminders of the start of the Activity.
- The start date of the Activities after the summer holidays will be communicated in the registration confirmation. All Activities begin in the second week of school after the summer holidays, unless otherwise notified.
- During the holidays of the European School Frankfurt am Main, on public holidays and school-free days and on the last day of school before the Christmas and summer holidays. After all holidays, except the summer holidays, the Activities continue directly in the first week of school. (6) For Extra Curricular Activities, the terms and conditions of §10 paragraphs (3), (4) and13 and §14 shall also apply accordingly.
§24 Registration and Place Allocation
- The registration for Activities takes place via the EuroKids website.
- The Activity places are assigned according to a child’s previous application for waiting lists and the number of applications for Activities.
- All Activities have a limited number of participants. Registrations will be considered in the order in which they arrive. If the number of registrations exceeds the maximum number of participants, the children who have not been allocated a place will be put on a waiting list. If a course place becomes available and there is more than one child on the waiting list, a lottery will decide over who receives the free place. Inclusion on the waiting list does not constitute a claim to participation in an Activity.
§25 Special Right of Termination
In addition to the parties’ right of termination in § 4, contracts for Activities may be terminated by either party with one week's notice to the end of the first month of a school year. In this case, the full month of services is charged for the month in which the cancellation takes place.
§26 Activity Cancellation
- EuroKids reserves the right to discontinue individual activities, if, for example, a teacher no longer available and EuroKids cannot find a substitute teacher or if the number of participants in an Activity is too low.
- In cases where advertised regular Activities are cancelled during the school year without substitution, the fees for the Activity will not be charged as of the 3rd time the Activity does not take place.
- The PA Member is in agreement that the registered child may be looked after in Childminding during the time of the Activity if an Activity is cancelled. In this case, the Terms and Conditions for Childminding (Section B.) apply accordingly. There are no additional costs incurred for the Childminding.