This invitation has been sent to all PA members via email. Please contact us if you are a member and you have not received it.
to the Annual General Assembly (AGA) of the Parents’ Association of the European School Frankfurt
which will take place on
25th November 2020 at 18.30.
via Webex videoconference.
Due to the special circumstances and current preventive measures in place, the annual general assembly will be organised remotely, via Webex videoconference. Voting will be organised by using online tool Live Vote.
Instructions about registration to the meeting, access credentials to connect to the Webex, as well as to the voting system will be distributed in due time, prior to the meeting.
- Welcome by the President and adoption of the agenda
- Update on Board's main activities in 2019/2020
- Presentation of the ESF PA financial situation
- Report of the Auditors
- Discharge of the Board
- Appointment of Auditor(s) for the 2020/2021 financial year
- Election of Board Members
Should you have proposals for any additional agenda items, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th November 2020 at the latest as well as possible questions which you would like to see addressed at the AGA.
If you decide to stand as a candidate to become a Board member, please fill in the attached ‘expression of interest’ form and send it to email@example.com before the day of the meeting, if possible.
You may find more information about responsibilities of board members below. However, if you would like learn more about the work of the Parents’ Association before taking that step, contact us at the above address, we will be happy to meet with you.
As the meeting is organised online voting can be performed only by the member him-/herself through the arranged online voting system. Voting by proxy would not be possible this year.
We hope to see as many of you as possible at our Assembly! Please save the date!
Your Parents’ Association
More information about ESF PA and ESF PA Board activities
The Parents’ Association is run by a board composed of 15 members elected by all members at the AGA for a 2-year mandate. This year, we have at least 7 positions to be filled in.
The Parents’ Association board meets monthly (recently via videoconference) to discuss relevant issues and vote as needed on projects to undertake. In addition, Board members actively act outside such meetings to implement and follow-up on topics/projects they are responsible for.
Our main activities usually include:
- participation in pedagogical committeesand other working groups within the school and at system level (Interparents) to represent parents’ and students’ interests;
- cooperation with the school on issues related to children with special needs;
- organization of parent' led projectssuch as seminars or workshops in cooperation with the school and teachers;
- communication in order to support and engage our community and understand its’ needs (via Classlist, parents’ meetings and website);
- organization of events, most notably Carnival and Summerfest (unfortunately on hold this year due to current pandemic situation).
Our mission is to make a difference in supporting families as well as international and cultural understanding of the needs of the children at the European School Frankfurt. Please kindly consider joining our community! We are constantly looking for volunteers who can support us with tasks.