The most important aspect of (language) tuition is to engage the learner; at your child’s age this means learning in a playful way as it disinhibits and promotes confidence in communication. In this course, providing a variety of exercises and by combining mental and physical elements is key to channelling youngsters’ excessive nervous energy. As your child progresses, more emphasis will be placed on explicit teaching in this course, more use of written materials and increased use of correct language terminology in order to make the transition to secondary school as smooth and stress-free as possible.
- To give your child a positive introduction to English - from the very beginning
- The ability to communicate at a basic spoken level
- To develop learning and communication skills
- To learn everyday vocabulary such as names of objects, colours, emotions, counting (see below list)
- To be able to follow simple instructions
- To be able to ask basic questions such as directions, shopping and greetings
Introducing the Teacher
This activity will be taught by Ms Walderdorff who is a trained Montessori teacher and cherished long-time member of the Extra Curricular Team.
Minimum Participants and Cost
The course price will vary, dependent on the number of students. If the lesson costs more than 12 €, parents will be contacted for a final confirmation.